The objectives of FICYT within the area of Health are as follows:
- Promote and support research
- Establish a framework of collaboration, cooperation and communication between the different sectors involved in biosanitary research at different levels, autonomous, national and international; To reach a development in this area according to the high level of care that the region has.
- Increase in the number of health research groups participating in H2020 and other European R&D&i funding programs in Health.
- Strengthen its capacity of leadership, excellence and internationalization improving the success rate of the proposals presented.
- Provide the research groups of the Health System of the Principality of Asturias with a stable and highly specialized structure to facilitate their participation in H2020 and other European funding programs.
To achieve these goals, the following initiatives have been implemented.