FICYT provides advice and technical support to organizations and companies of the Principality of Asturias that are interested in participating in R+D programmes. FICYT offers:
- support for identifying the most suitable topic of Horizon 2020 or other EU funding programmes for a project idea
- support for elaboration of proposals (structure of the project, dissemination and communication plan, budget, etc) and / or development of projects
- service of partner search at national and/or international level, and advice for setting up consortia
- support in the stage of preparation and submission of proposals
- support to research centers and companies for their integration into projects as partners in Horizon 2020 or other European funding Programmes, including support to coordinators
FICYT is the regional contact point for the H2020´s SME Instrument. FICYT has been designated by the European Commission as KAM (Key Account Manager) in order to advise Asturian SMEs that receive funding from SME Instrument.
FICYT coordinates and leads the consortium Galactea-Plus which comprises partners in Asturias, Cantabria, Castilla-Leon and Galicia. Galactea-Plus is part of the Enterprise Europe Network which is a European network consisting of more than 600 organizations in more than 50 countries. From a local geographical perspective, Galactea-Plus promotes innovation and transnational competitiveness by encouraging European companies and research centers to transfer technology and innovation and to participate in Horizon 2020 or any other European programmes.