With a PhD in Knowledge Representation and reasoning, and a knowledge of related state-of-the art tools, the Innovation Associate is expected to design a system to support the knowledge base of SIRIS Academic S.L., a company offering specialized strategy consultancy for higher education and research institutions.
This knowledge base aims at regrouping relevant information concerning the organisation and strategy of the higher education and research sector: type of institutions, strategies, characteristics and evolution over time.
This knowledge base should facilitate the organisation of the consultants' qualitative knowledge of the sector. It will be a tool to train future consultants, and - in connection with the open data query portal already developed by SIRIS - an instrument to enhance the quality of the consultancy. The Innovation Associate will work on the direct supervision of a senior consultant of the company, as well as a researcher specialised in KR and ontology. He/she is expected to a) get an in-depth knowledge of the current state of SIRIS's knowledge and tools to generate ideas of KM tools; b) implement a first prototype and get users' feedback; c) set up a plan to scale up the prototype at the level of the company.
On top of an excellent research track-record, the Innovation Associate should have an interest for the application issues associated with the tools, and be willing to work within a very diverse teams in terms of disciplinary fields, spanning from specialists of humanities and social scientists, to physicists and computer scientists. It is expected that the Innovation Associate should bring the best available research insights, but adapt them to the context of a business enterprise whose mission is to bring the best added value to clients: in this case, provide universities and higher education institutions with the best insight on the sectors to take relevant decisions.
The Innovation Associate should speak English, which is SIRIS's working language. Knowledge of any other of the following languages is appreciated but not mandatory: French, Italian, Spanish, German.
The Innovation Associate will be directly in charge of:
- Interacting with the consultants to get an in-depth knowledge of the requirements of our clients and the kind of information needed to provide a good service;
- Extending the UNiCS ontology and mappings (developed by SIRIS) in order to represent and make accessible the current HE&R expert knowledge operating in SIRIS, while paying attention about the fact that it has to keep developing and growing
- Implementing a first prototype of the new knowledge base and testing it with the SIRIS consultants (documents semantic annotation, and the creation of dedicated landing pages for the online access to the retrieved documents, are integral part of the present task);
- If the previous phase goes as planned, then extend the design of the knowledge base access for an eventual use not only internally but also by clients.
We offer a 1 year contract (temporary labour contract).
37.400 euro gross per year, with 12 payments (3.116 euro gross per month). This means a net salary (after taxes paid directly by the company including Social Security and Personal Income Tax, called IRPF) of approximately 2.337 euros per month.
In Spain, taxes are paid before the salary, this means that employees receive directly the net salary. In the monthly payroll, all the information is available: gross salary, the percentage and amount of deducted taxes and the net salary.
- Relocation budget of 2.000 euro as a contribution to cover part of the related expenses
- At the end of the year, a bonus will be considered according to the available benefits from the company. According to our internal policy, SIRIS will distribute a percentage of the yearly benefits among all the employees in the form of a salary bonus
The company will set up the following schedule to conduct the recruitment plan:
- May 2017: Assessment of the candidates (according to selection criteria) and selection of at least 10 applicants.
- June 2017: Interview candidates:
- 1st round:phone/skype conferences with the selected candidates.
- 2nd round: in-depth phone/skype interviews with the selected final candidates (3) and selection of successful applicant (1). Provide feedback to all the candidates.
- Regular communication and follow-up: administration procedures to finalize the contract (according to the Spanish legality) and management of the logistics to facilitate the relocation of the candidate to our headquarter in Barcelona.
- Implement a structured welcome and induction process for the Innovation Associate for incorporation on September 1st, 2017.